The goals of the program are to provide undergraduate students the opportunity to participate in innovative research at UNC Chapel Hill, develop professional skills as a scientist, and contribute to a scholarly community. Students participated in professional development workshops, journal clubs, social activities, and a GRE prep course. Students presented their research at the Summer Undergraduate Pipeline Research Symposium on July 24, 2019 sponsored by The Graduate School and included student research presentations across 14 summer programs.
The 2019 Summer Research Students are:
- Dana Battle (JCSU) – mentored by Rachel Bleich
- Jahnelle Jackson (NCCU) – mentored by Chris Abdullah
- Balqees Khader (NCA&T) – mentored by Kelsey Kean
- Malek Mitchell (NCA&T) – mentored by Justin Watkins
- Tiana Swank (JCSU) – mentored by Rachel Bleich
- Taha Rahimuddin (NCCU) – mentored by Sheldon Lawrence