Alexa Rosypal, Ph.D.
Ph.D. Veterinary Medical Sciences- Parasitology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
Richard R. Tidwell, Ph.D. and James E. Hall, Ph.D. Pathology & Lab Medicine
Dr. Alexa Rosypal is currently Full Professor at Johnson C. Smith University in Charlotte, NC.
- Spring 2008
- General Biology (with lab): Shaw University
- Independent Research course: Shaw University
- Fall 2007
- Senior Seminar (team taught): Shaw University
- Zoology: Shaw University
- Rosypal, AC, *Hailemariam, S, *Wekheye V., Huong, LTT, Dubey, JP, Lindsey DS, Tidwell, RR. (2009) Survey of dogs from Vietnam for antibodies to visceralizing Leishmania. Journal of Parasitology. In press. *indicates undergraduate students
- Rosypal, AC, RR Tidwell, DS Lindsay. (2007) Prevalence of antibodies to Leishmania infantum and Trypanosoma cruzi in wild canids from South Carolina. Journal of Parasitology. 93(4): 955-957.
- Rosypal, AC, JE Hall, S Bakunova, DA Patrick, S Bakunov, CE Stephens, A Kumar, DW Boykin, RR Tidwell. (2007) In vitro activity of dicationic compounds against a North American foxhound isolate of Leishmania infantum. Veterinary Parisotology. 158(1): 97-112.
- Rosypal, A.C., J. A. Cortas-Vecino, S. M. Gennari, J.P. Dubey, R.R. Tidwell, D.S. Lindsay. (2007) Serological survey of Leishmania infantum and Trypanosoma cruzi in dogs from urban areas of Brazil and Colombia. Veterinary Parasitology. 149(3-4), 172-177.