Justin Shaffer, Ph.D.
University of Washington
Bill Kier, Ph.D.
Dr. Shaffer is currently Teaching Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Colorado School of Mines.
- Fall 2012
- Designer Proteins & Society , North Carolina A&T State University
- Spring 2012
- General Biology, North Carolina A&T State University
- Shaffer, JF and Kier WM. 2016. Tuning of shortening speed in coleoid cephalopod muscle: no evidence for tissue-specific muscle myosin heavy chain isoforms. Invertegrate Biology. Mar 1;135(1):3-12. pmc-id: PMC4795958
- Shaffer JF. 2013. Recombinant protein of the day: using daily student presentations to add real-world aspects to a biotechnology course, Biochem Mol Biol Education, DOI: 10.1002/bmb.20697.
- Shaffer JF. 2013. From cow juice to a billion dollar drug, with some breakthroughs in between, National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science.
- Shaffer JF, Kier WM. 2012. Muscular tissues of the squid Doryteuthis pealei express identical myosin heavy chain isoforms: An alternative mechanism for tuning contractile speed, Journal of Experimental Biology, 215: 239-246.