Karen Strunk, Ph.D.
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
Ph.D. Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University
Shelly Earp, M.D. and Rebecca Cook, Ph.D.
Dr. Struck is currently a lecturer in Biology at Central New Mexico Community College
- Spring 2008
- Principles of Biology: University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Principles of Genetics: University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Fall 2007
- General Biology: University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Sandahl M, Hunter DM, Strunk KE, Earp HS, Cook RS (2010). Epithelial cell-directed efferocytosis in the post-partum mammary gland is necessary for tissue homeostasis and future lactation. BMC Dev Biol. 122. PMCID: PMC3022573.
- Muraoka-Cook, RS, Sandahl, MA, Strunk, KE, Miraglia, LC, Husted C, Hunter, DM, Elenius, K, Chodosh, LA, Earp, HS, (2009). ErbB4 splice variants Cyt1 and Cyt2 differ by 16 amino acids and exert opposing effects on the mammary epithelium in vivo”: Mol Cell Biology.; 29(18): 4935-48; PMCID: PMC2738276.
- Muraoka-Cook,RS S. Feng, K.E. Strunk, and H.S. Earp III (2008) ErbB4/HER4: Role in mammary gland development, differentiation and growth inhibition. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 13(2): 235-246.
- Karen E. Strunk, Carty Husted, Leah C. Miraglia, Melissa Sandahl, William A. Rearick, Debra M. Hunter, H. (2007) HER4 D-box sequences: Required for mitotic progression and degradation of the nuclear HER4 cleavage product s80HER4. Cancer Research. 67(14):6582-90.
- Muraoka-Cook, RS, Laura S. Caskey, Melissa A. Sandahl, Debra M. Hunter, Carty Husted, Karen E. Strunk, Carolyn I. Sartor, William A. Rearick, Jr., Wesley McCall, Magdalene K. Sgagias, Kenneth H. Cowan, and H. Shelton Earp, III. (2006) Heregulin-Dependent Delay in Mitotic Progression Requires HER4 and BRCA1. Molecular and Cellular Biology, 26(17), 6412-6424.